I am so excited for another ‘Meet the Blogger’ featuring one of my favorite bloggers: Molly from Trendy Chickadee! Not only is Molly absolutely gorgeous, but all her posts are beautiful and you can tell she puts a lot of time into her blog. Once you check it out, you’ll be checking back everyday to see if she made a new post! Below is my interview with the Trendy Chickadee herself:
|Photo via Trendy Chickadee!|
1. Tell me a little about yourself
I’m a twenty-one year old student finishing up a degree in Advertising and Social Media Marketing in Austin, Texas. Originally from Chicago, my family has moved around a lot and I’ve gotten to experience so many fun and amazing places. Currently, my parents are based in NYC, which is where I’m calling “home” at the moment! I love all things style and beauty; I think presenting yourself using your own personal style is the perfect outlet for self expression! In my free time (which seems to be dwindling every day!) I love photography, reading murder mystery novels and eating brunch 🙂
2. How did you get interested in blogging?
I’ve always loved styling my own outfits and helping friends and family with their style! I wanted a way to share my shopping tips, beauty tricks and fashion finds with everyone…I started Trendy Chickadee only three months ago and I’ve already had such great feedback. I love being able to trade style secrets with an entire online community of such fashionable ladies (and gents!).
3. Where does your blog name ‘Trendy Chickadee’ come from?
Anyone who knows me personally knows that my go to name for the people I love is “chicken” “chicky” or “chickadee”. It’s silly and a quirk of mine, but it’s what I’ve used to call my friends and family since I was tiny! I think when creating a personal brand, it’s so important to stay true to yourself. Incorporating “chickadee” into my name is like showing a piece of myself to my followers!
4. You have amazing style, what are your tips for snagging a good deal?
Thank you! I am such a sale junkie, I could go on forever about seeking out a steal. But to name a few, here are my sale tips:
1. Always be checking for sales as the seasons change…when summer is ending and new fall inventory comes into stores, they’ll markdown prices to clear the way! Snag some end of season deals and keep them in your closet for next year!
2. Discount codes! Online shopping offers lots of discounts that you can’t find in stores. Be sure to check the graphics on a site and your email to see if they’re offering % off or free shipping using a coupon code!
3. Sit on your shopping cart! Unless there’s an item that you have been dying to add to your wardrobe, let your shopping cart sit for a day or too. When you check back, the items could be on sale or you could’ve realized that you weren’t as crazy about an item as you thought. I’m a binge shopper and it take some serious self restraint to not buy everything in the cart, so this one is a tip I still have to remember!
5. What is the best compliment you’ve received?
Oh gosh! This is a tough one. I think the best compliments are questions! I love when my followers post comments wanting advice or wanting to know more about my style. Seeing people truly engaged, interested and inspired by the content I create is always such an amazing feeling!
6. How do you think your style has evolved/changed since the beginning of college?
My style is constantly evolving, it changes all the time! But in general, I’ve become a much better shopper and developed a truer sense of style. I’ve learned that rather than loading up on 60 items from Forever 21 (although I still do love Forever 21), it’s important to invest in certain pieces, like a great pair of jeans or the purse you carry everyday. As I mature, it’s clear that style is about quality over quantity.
7. What is you favorite place you have traveled to?
Cape Town, South Africa! I studied there last summer and cried the whole plane ride home! From the people to the food to the amazing geography, it is such an amazing city. Around every corner is a beautiful beach or mountain range and down every street is a vibrant market with stunning textiles and handmade jewelry. It’s a total dream! Definitely well worth the 22 hour flight 🙂
8. What is your favorite fall go-to look?
Jeans, jeans, jeans! A pair of jeans styled with booties, a cotton tee and a scarf is my fall go-to. I get most of my jeans from AG, J Brand and Seven for all Mankind. For booties, Sam Edelman and Dolce Vita are my favorite…and Joie if you’re willing to splurge! Splendid makes a perfect cotton tee, and ASOS sells 3 packs of basic tees in assorted colors.
9. What is your advice for anyone thinking of starting a fashion-related blog?
I’m still learning myself, but so far I can say just be true to your sense of style and be totally confident in every post. Create content that you’re proud of, and don’t use filler posts if it takes a while to come up with something great. Much like your closet, your blog is about quantity over quality too!
|Photo via Trendy Chickadee!|